Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Vox Populi

Today I vote!

I'm feeling a bit under the weather, but I can still drag my ass three blocks to the local fire station and exercise my right as a citizen.  I have a driver's license, and a passport, and some other shit with me, just in case some militant right-wing nut (wingnut) demands proof of who I am.

Actually I'm just taking my normal wallet because New York State is not one of those places that, under the guise of eliminating voter fraud, is suppressing the already downtrodden's right to vote.

The bad news is I don't know half the people on the ballot.  I think I'll just vote for whoever has the most interesting name.

This whole thing was our idea, you know.
What whole thing?
One man, one vote.  Democracy at its most fundamental level.  The usual stuff.
You Greeks were always very progressive.  Now if you'd just pay your taxes everybody would be all set.
It's more complicated than that.
No doubt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home