Friday, December 20, 2013

I'm Going to Bed Now

Let's say you're like me in that you will, on occasion, scratch a food nostalgia itch.  I call your attention to my recent post about Cream of Mushroom soup.  Likewise several mentions in the past of Kraft Mac and Cheese.

Okay.  So one day you're in an aisle full of cans and you look up and see, out of the blue, a can of  Corned Beef Hash.  And you buy it.

Then you take it home and forget about it for months and only this very night find the can of CBH in the back of your cupboard.  If this happened to you then you are very much like me, my friend -- spookily so, one might argue -- because that's what just happened to me.

I've taken the can out and placed it in a prominent position on the counter.  Tomorrow morning I'll eat some with a few fried eggs.  Two, more specifically.  Maybe some toast.  I would urge you to do the same thing, assuming we remain on parallel tracks.

As for now?  I'm going to bed.  Even though it's only 9:20.  The thinking being the faster I fall asleep the faster breakfast will get here.

This same strategy is sometimes employed by young people on Christmas Eve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home