Monday, August 11, 2014

Dying is easy. Comedy is hard.

God bless Robin Williams.  I wasn't his biggest fan, but there were moments when he was so inventively funny that it took your breath away.  One wonders if the increased scarcity of those moments was the tipping point for him.

"They don't know it's like jumping off a 12-story building every day."  -- Willem de Kooning on painting.

Me?  I'd never judge an artist harshly for killing himself.

Really?
Yeah.  Is that weird?
A little.
I suppose.  I was just thinking that everybody who ever met Robin Williams for the first time expected him to say or do something funny.  Which must have been a burden.

Happier note:  Williams loved bikes.  Here he is with Lance ...

That has the makings of a hell of a ride.  Adios, Campagnola.

For you completists, I'm listening to Baez Sings Dylan.  Love Minus Zero/No Limit, specifically.

That guy had a way with titles.
Yes he did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home