Friday, August 15, 2014

Green

My favorite color.

Next time I'm really flush I'm going to start collecting Rolex watches that have some green component.  My favorite, as would anybody's be, is this ...

Lord have mercy.  I wonder how many 'gators they killed and discarded before they got just the right one for the band.  The size of the painting I'm going to have to sell for this little emerald should be about 15'x20'.

Moving on, sights lowered, I showed a new newly-purchased three pack of Irish Spring soap to my houseguests yesterday, explaining that I love green soap.  I gravitate to Irish Spring because I was always drawn to the brogue of the young Irish woman in the commercial who would say, after her brawny husband had made it clear that it was a man's soap, "... and I like it too," but Lever 2000 is also just fine.

Fast forward to this morning, when I stepped into the shower and realized I didn't have any soap.  Luckily, my 3-pak of Irish Spring was within reach.  Barely.  After some contorting, I got my hands on one of the boxes and returned to the welcoming stream of warm water.  All good up until the moment I opened the damned thing and the bar was blue.  With some dark speckles.

A setback, surely.  But if this is the worst thing to happen to me today I'll be fine.

On the positive side, it occurred to me that if I didn't get the box wet, and opened it carefully, I could use it as one of the smaller boxes I plan to use to make a maquette for "Preet Bharara holds the Head of Steven A. Cohen Aloft in the Manner of Perseus and Medusa."

So already the day is looking up.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home