Monday, June 17, 2013

League of Legends

A friend of mine is involved in a business venture related to the video gaming industry.  It has something to do with League of Legends, but I don't fully understand what.  LoL, which is an unfortunate acronym for a game, if you've ever sent even one text message, apparently is an MMORPG about medieval battle, etc.  MMORPG = massive, multi-player online role-playing game.

[See previous post about that little girl at The Chuck with a broadsword]

Me?  I never really quite lost my Lord of the Rings jones, so I've played my share of video games.    I like the games that are a bit more cerebral and a bit less about chopping someone else's head off.  Although don't get me wrong, I'm perfectly happy bludgeoning someone with my battle axe (I tend to prefer two-handed weapons).

What I don't like is live, co-op style games where your opponent is some blood-crazed, Red Bull-swilling twelve year old.  Speaking as a man who lies to the person at the movie theaters and asks for a senior discount, I know I'm never going to win encounters like that.

So I thought about taking the game for a spin, out of solidarity with my friend and, secondarily, with the thinking that the chances are very low that he's ever played the thing and perhaps I could give him some insights.  But I decided against it.

League of Legends.  Kind of a cheesy name.

I would also add that the internet in my building -- even the souped-up version I pay extra for -- stops feeding signals for short periods of time.  Perhaps five seconds every ten minutes.  Unbelievably annoying.  And let me tell you, if you're up to your ass in Orcs or whatever and the internet freezes you for a second or two.

Voila -- Orc food.  And those guys don't leave any meat on the bone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home