Friday, October 11, 2013

October 5, 2013

Do you remember it?  It was a Saturday not too long ago.  I remember the sun was shining, it was about 70 degrees and autumn in the Hudson Valley was lovely.  I received 107 visitors to The Year of Magical Painting.

A low in what one might call the Modern Era of TYOMP.  A day almost as black as today (if you're a Giants fan).

The drop off was not surprising, really, since for the previous month I had gone days on end -- in one case longer than week -- without posting.  Sometimes, you have nothing to say.  Other times you just don't feel like saying it.  Plus, there's that whole seven year itch thing (a reference to how old this blog is, if you haven't been following closely).

For most of the summer I was averaging well over ten thousand visitors a month.  Which was cool.  Empowering.  But I also found that there was a direct relationship between the number of posts I churned out in a day and that day's numbers.  And at a certain point I just decided I wasn't in the mood to sustain five or six posts a day.  So I stopped, more or less.  Or at least cut way down.

But now, friends, I can feel the mojo churning inside me, and lately I've been posting like a madman.  This is either a good thing or a bad.  We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home