Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Best Father's Day ever

Except for the whole McManus thing.

If you scroll down a couple of posts you can see a photo of me wearing a silly hat, posing with my daughters.  I think it's a hot pepper, but I don't really remember.

Anyway, one of the gifts I received yesterday (which was when we all managed to actually get together) was a framed version of that very same picture, which can now be seen hanging on the wall of my office ...

Outstanding.

I also received Wolfenstein: The New Order.  Which is a video game.  I can't wait for the sun to go down so I can start shooting Nazis.  Also got to meet Daughter #1's boyfriend, which was also excellent.  The Raymond girls are of the take-no-prisoners school of dinner conversation, and I thought he held up nicely.  Also got a haircut -- a Number Two all over with a natural back -- which has me working the Seal Team Six/Mahatma Gandhi fusion thing nicely.

Best Father's Day ever.

Unrelated note:  the piece of office machinery you see in the lower left is a Canon Pixma Something.  It probably has a model number but they're too embarrassed to write it on the machine itself.  Color printer, fax, copier, scanner -- the usual sort of a thing.  It will, after quite a bit of clunking and wheezing, generate a fairly nice color photo.  But even given points for that, it's the worst fucking printer I've ever owned.

Memorize this:  Canon Pixma.  Don't ever buy one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home