Friday, June 13, 2014

"The last time I felt like this, I was in the wilderness"

Here's an interesting obituary in Bloomberg about Larry McCarthy.   I just found out he died last December of an aneurysm at age 49.

One of McCarthy's claims to fame was that he was a prominent dissenting voice in Lehman Brothers management during the build-up to the melt-down, warning that the credit-default swaps guys were "working on bringing down the whole world."  Nobody listened and he left Lehman in July of 2007.  Fifteen months later he was vindicated.

McCarthy had a Chicago Bears helmet signed by, if memory serves, Mike Singletary in a prominent place in his living room in New York.  Also some Super Bowl ticket stubs.  And my painting of Richard Fuld.  Which is why I'm bringing the whole business up.

I didn't know him that well, but I thought he was a pretty good guy.

Adios Campagnolo.

I'm a little upset.  Listening to Pieces of Sky, by Emmy Lou Harris.  Which is a stunning piece of work, lo these many years later.  She's currently singing Boulder to Birmingham, which isn't really cheering me up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home