Sunday, June 22, 2014

Massa!

Felipe Massa has large brown eyes.  More on that in a minute.

Am taking time out from my busy day to write this.  Just finished watching Massa take pole for the Austrian Grand Prix.  Amazing.  He hasn't been on pole since Brazil of 2004, the race in which he finished first and Lewis Hamilton, that whinger, finished fifth, pipping my boy Felipe by one point to win the Driver's Championship.  It was a black day -- one man's opinion.

Anyway, to see Massa in the post-qualification interview with his eyes welling up with tears of joy was a beautiful thing.  A vindication for him, since Ferrari basically told him he was too slow and kicked him off the team last year.  Likewise, a magnificent, triumphant moment for Williams, one of the great names in the sport, but which has also been in a massive, decade-long slump.

Massa first, Bottas (his Williams teammate) in second position, Rosberg (the likely winner, because he's got the fastest car on the planet) third, Alonso in his Ferrari fourth and Hamilton, that whinger, 9th on the grid.  Wow.  Can't ask for more.

Me?  I can't wait for the race.  Which, it should be noted, has already happened, but I've stayed away from any media that might spill the beans so the results will be news to me.  I think I'm going to go downstairs, toast an everything bagel, put some cream cheese and smoked salmon on it, bring it back upstairs and watch the race.  If, for some reason, you happen to ring me up during the next several hours, don't tell me who wins.

And tonight?  US vs. Portugal.  Which should also be cool.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home