Wednesday, February 13, 2013

“Inspiration is for amateurs — the rest of us just show up and get to work.”

This by Chuck Close.

Check out a pretty interesting quickie-interview with Close about life, work and painter's block here.

Me?  I'm a huge fan of the guy.  That said, I'm not entirely in agreement with him.  I think an artist addresses the work on both conscious and subconscious levels.  Like chili or stew, some things are better the day after they are cooked.

So I'm spend a good deal of time in the studio screwing around, staring at my painting, fighting the urge to do anything, letting it sink in.

As a reminder, this is where we currently stand ...

Disregard the archives peeking through the right side.  A couple more posts and you'll be able to see the thing in all its glory.  Alternatively, if you click on the thing it will pop up as clean and lovely as a new-born redbone coonhound (after the mother has licked all the goo off it).




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home