Monday, March 17, 2014

I leave now to make potato salad

Which seems ironically Irish on a day like today.

I'll be making it with more hard boiled eggs than usual since, while approaching my door the other day, grocery bags in hand, I slipped on some ice and really fucking cracked my knee.  Which, it turns out, is fine.  But it was one of those things that makes one say "Virginia's playing Duke in ten minutes and I'm going to have to go to the fucking emergency room?"

Turns out, as noted previously, everything is okay.  Although I did watch the first half of the game with my leg elevated and an ice-pack on my knee.

I bring this up because the other casualty of my spill was a dozen eggs.  Four of which were demolished, four of which were okay and four of which were slightly cracked.  Even though my knee was hurting, I took the latter quartet and immediately hard boiled them.  Little streams of cooked egg white littered my boiling water, but otherwise things went according to plan.  It should be interesting to see what they are like when I peel them.

Which is where I'm going now.

Then later to have a late bite with my boy Scully at Finnbar.  Which makes me think maybe I'll wear my blue Virginia sweatshirt instead of the orange.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home