Tuesday, June 18, 2013

One last thing about my girl Michele ...

... and then I have to make preparations for the first game of the Mets double-header.

Here's the painting, which I've already gone on record as saying that I love ...

Now, that is to say.  I love it now.  When I was painting it, though, I hated the upper right hand corner.  The flower you now see wasn't there and I was having trouble figuring out what the hell was going on.  Not going on might be a better description of the problem.  Let's just say I knew I needed something.

The solution came when I took a trip to Boston to see the Gauguin show at the MFA (is that what they call it?).  Blockbuster show, full of amazing images.  I came home with my head swirling, poured a finger of scotch, sat down and stared at Big Michele.  And it hit me.

"Dog," I said.  "She's already got that orange/yellow/burnt umber thing going on.  Why not put a flower in her hair and call it a day."  Which I did.

In retrospect, I might have coughed up a superior rendering of a flower, but I'm a lover, not a hater, and I love this just the way it is.

Go Mets!  Matt Harvey in the first game; Zach Wheeler in the second; Heat/Spurs tonight.  I've slated this as a low-productivity day (Although I could be wrong about that -- who can actually sit all the way through two Mets games, no matter how potentially historically significant, without going insane?).


1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Very Beautiful Painting.

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home